1. Privacy & Cookies Policy
- 1.1 – References to “our”, “us” or “we” within this policy are to Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C and our affiliated companies as described below.
- 1.2 – Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C takes your privacy very seriously. We have developed this policy to explain what personal data we collect, how we use it, how we store it, with whom we share it and what your rights in relation to such personal data are.
- 1.3 – In order to comply with local legal requirements our privacy practices may vary among Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C operating countries.
- 1.4 – Please read the following information carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
2. Our Facilities and Services
Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C facilities and services are owned and/or managed by companies which form part of the same corporate group as Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C is a data controller in respect of personal data obtained about you in connection with the use of our facilities and services. If you use our facilities and services, the entity which manages the relevant facility or service may also be a data controller in respect of your personal data.
3. Information we may collect about you
3.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- (a) your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth and nationality and any other information which may appear in your passport or other piece of formal identification;
- (b) information that you provide to us, for example by responding to a communication from us or by filling in forms (both online and offline), over the telephone and through written correspondence with us (e.g. guest registration cards, spa and fitness club membership applications, loyalty enrollment forms, online booking forms, surveys);
- (c) information about your use of our facilities and services and your preferences in this regard;
- (d) details of purchases you make from us and the preferences you express to us; and
- (e) details of your visits to our websites including traffic data and details of the resources that you access; and
- (f) other information that you chose to provide to us in relation with your reservation, stay or visit of a Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C.
3.2 Some of the data we collect and process will include sensitive data. Sensitive data is data which, for example, relates to your race, physical, or mental health or religion.
- 4.2 – Cookies perform many functions, such as allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that advertising that you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
- 4.3 – The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Type of cookie What does it do? Strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like room bookings or e-payment, cannot be provided. Performance cookies These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you receive error messages from certain web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. Functionality cookies These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your language of choice or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a message board. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on websites operated by third parties. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. Targeting or advertising cookies These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. They also remember when you have visited the website before. Sometimes we share anonymised information about your browsing activity with our advertising and creative partners. They may use this information to advertise products, which may interest you, on other websites or to assist us develop future advertising campaigns.
5. How we store your personal data:
- 5.1 – All information you provide to us via our website is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out via our website will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer technology.
- 5.2 – Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C has taken several steps to safeguard the integrity of its communications and computing infrastructure, including by implementing authentication, monitoring, auditing, and encryption technology. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of this website as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content and the electronic transmission of information. Despite our best efforts unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have strict procedures and security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission of data online is carried out at your own risk.
- 5.3 – Your data may be transferred to, and stored in, Dubai as well as various other destinations outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), including at the location of the Country Manager. In submitting your data to us and using our facilities and services, you acknowledge that your data may be sent to countries with laws which afford a lesser degree of protection to your personal data.
- 5.4 – Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or code which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password or code confidential.
- 5.5 – Your data will be stored for a period no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they have been obtained.
6. How we use your personal data:
6.1 We may use information collected about you in the following ways:
- (a) to provide the services you request;
- (b) to improve (or seek to improve) the services we provide to you and to enable us to provide you with a more personalised experiences;
- (c) to communicate with you about our products and services and those of specially selected third parties, including our key partners, whose details are set out here; and
- (d) for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends or to measure the amount of traffic to our websites; and
- (e) to improve the effectiveness of our website.
6.2 If you submit your résumé through our website, we will use your personal data to process and assess your job application, for our onboarding process, to send you announcements of future job opportunities or for administrative purposes within Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C. We may also use your sensitive personal data, including, as appropriate: information about your physical or mental health or condition in order to take decisions as to your suitability for employment; and your racial or ethnic origin or religious or similar information in order to monitor Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C ‘s compliance with equal opportunities legislation.
7. Sharing your personal data:
- 7.1 Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C is a Dubai-based organization and part of the Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C of companies. We may share your personal data with our key partners.
- 7.2 We may also share your personal data with our service providers who perform functions on our behalf or provide services to us, such as marketing and advertising, data processing, market research, warehousing and delivery, information technology, office services, legal, accounting, insurance, audit and other professional services.
- 7.3 We may be required to share your information with third parties in the event that we, or one of our affiliated businesses, sell or buy any business or assets.
- 7.4 We may also share your personal data, if permitted, or required to do so by law, in connection with any legal claims or to comply with our audit and security requirements. If legally requested by the relevant authority, we may also disclose your data to the local police, CID and immigration authorities.
- 8.1 If you have provided us with your contact information (address, telephone number, email address), we may want to inform you about our goods and services by post, telephone, SMS, email or other electronic means. When we send marketing communications to you by email or SMS, you will also be given an opportunity to unsubscribe from such communications. You may also opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
- 8.2 If you are a new customer, you will be able to choose whether or not to receive marketing communications in relation to other goods and services of us and/or one of our key partners when you first provide us with your personal data.
9. The Landmark Club
- 9.1 The Landmark Club is our customer retention programme which is our guest recognition programme. The Landmark Club offers our customers the guaranteed lowest rate at our hotels. For further information about The Landmark Club, how to apply please visit www.landmarkhotels.net/theclub
- 9.2 If you have joined The Landmark Club, and you have consented to its terms, we may use your data in order to administer the programme, to communicate with you about The Landmark Club, and to send you news of related special offers and promotions. When we send this marketing material to you by email, you will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe from such communications.
10. Personal data relating to third parties
By submitting the personal data of a third party to us you confirm that you have their consent to do so.
11. Third Party links
The Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C ‘s websites may from time to time provide links to or from third party websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. Please note that any such third party website or resource may collect and use your personal data in a different manner to us. We do not endorse or accept any liability for the data collection practices, privacy policies or the content of any website linked from our websites or which links to them. You should contact the owner or operator of any such website directly if you wish to enquire about their privacy practices and policies, before providing your personal data to them.
12. Corporate and contact details for data controllers
- 12.1 Landmark Hotel Management L.L.C is a limited liability company incorporated in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, with commercial registration number 78380 of Deira, PO Box 42222, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.